Pages

29 November, 2011

HOLY GRAIL: MAC Lovelorn (Lustre)

Hi girls! I know it's long time no see but I'm back because I have a lipstick I want to share with you all that I love more than any other that I own.

First, just let me say that I know there is a trend for 'holy grail' products lying around somewhere or 'products you can't live without' but I have so many I never actually ever thought about it much. I have products I like to use and simply, products that I don't; I switch it up quite a bit.  But if there's one thing I am a sucker for, it's lipsticks. You can probably tell by my banner above that I have lots of MAC lipsticks that I enjoy, but I don't really 'love'.

That's my problem with MAC lipsticks, I like them but they're usually hit or miss due to consistency or colour usually. This one lipstick however, I have loved since the day I purchased it is called Lovelorn by MAC which is a Lustre finish.



Why I like it:
 I have pigmented lips, but this pink is opaque enough to give adequate colour pay off. (The picture above is  a very subtle application that is buildable).

 It is incredibly moisturising lipstick that retains colour and stays on - everything I want from a lipstick! I have a problem with my dry lips and I find other MAC lipsticks make my lips drier most of the time (anyone else get this?). So this lipstick caught me off guard! For this reason I can slap on this lipstick without a mirror, it doesn't require much effort.

 Versatility - I wear this during the day to make a boring white/black t-shirt outfit more chic and it just pulls my look together.  I find myself reaching for this lipstick on night outs also because the pink looks cute with my gold/silver accessories; it just seems to compliment everything I wear

 Shade and Tone of Pink - Other pink lipsticks I have tried are Angel/Creme cup/Pink Nouveau (Reviews coming) that I find are too 'barbie-pink' for me. Angel and Creme Cup are other lipsticks that are just as nice as Lovelorn but do not have the lustre consistency that Lovelorn has. Also, lovelorn sits well with my skin tone in particular.

My holy grail lipstick, I love and adore!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, just to say thank you for the comment, and your blog is adorable, I love the design!
    Mona x
    http://chippedandchapped.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...